Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Brisket King of NYC
Wednesday, February 20, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM (EST)
New York, NY
Who's got brisket? We've got brisket. The second annual Brisket King of NYC will be crowned. General Admission and VIP on sale now. Confirmed chefs include:
- 2012 Brisket King of NYC John Brown Smokehouse
- John Stage, Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
- Hugh Mangum, Mighty Quinn’s Barbeque
- Daniel Delaney, BrisketTown
- Lee Scheffler, Chef de Cuisine at Sarabeth’s
- Simon Glenn, Tchoup Shop
- Ari White, Hakadosh BBQ & Texas Roadside Smokehouse, Gemstone Catering
- Andrew Burman, Taboonette
- Melt Shop Grilled Cheese
- East Village Meat Market
- Chef Robbie Richter
- Matt Fisher, Fletcher’s Brooklyn Barbecue Pitmaster
- Mango Seed Restaurant
- Møsefund Farm’s Mangalitsa Pork Brisket will team with a guest chef TBA
- Jimmy’s No. 43 will team with High Point Farms
- Hudson Valley Harvest will team with an upstate farmer
- Adirondack Grazers Grassfed Beef Co-Op will team with a guest chef TBA
- With additional BBQ chefs and food purveyors TBA
Co-hosts Jimmy Carbone, Annie Hauck-Lawson of Brooklyn Mompost and Gastropolis: Food and NYC, and Jake Schiffman from Food Network Kitchens welcome judges Matt Bean of Sports Illustrated, Julia Moskin (New York Times), Mory Thomas of The Food Network, Stephanie “Stevie” Pierson, author of The Brisket Book, award-winning chef and author Rozanne Gold, and author/food critic Peter Kaminsky. In addition, Brian Perrone, owner of Slows—a top brisket/BBQ spot in Detroit—will also be judging. Modern Distillery Age returns to curate the artisanal spirits and Lagunitas will provide craft beer, with a wine option for VIP ticket holders (and a cash bar for additional purchases).
You'll have two hours (VIP=3 hours) of unlimited brisket samples from 15+ brisket chefs plus artisanal spirits and craft beer (VIP also includes wine; General Admission includes beer with wine/other drinks available for purchase; cash bar after 9 p.m.). Help crown the new King!
For a tasty summary of last year's event, click here.